Get This Month's Free Solo Piano
Our music academy needs a
part-time piano and guitar teacher to travel to student’s homes in Cherry Hill, Pennsauken, NJ and vicinity. This position could lead to full time. The ideal
candidate should be proficient in both piano and guitar, but we will
consider hiring separate teachers for each instrument.
should also have a college degree in music education. We are looking
for a teacher who has 2+ years experience teaching from nationally
recognized lesson books such as Mel Bay for guitar, and Piano Adventures
or Alfred’s for piano.
The successful candidate will
possess a keen understanding of the needs of music students between the
ages of 5 and 15 years of age. We’re looking for a dedicated
professional who truly wants to help students reach their musical goals.
Qualification & Skills
- Degree in music education required.
- 4+ years of college required.
- Ability to read standard music notation.
- 2+ years teaching private piano and/or guitar lessons is required.
- Ability to build rapport with elementary-age students.
- Excellent communication skills, both in-person and phone.
- Ability to communicate with parents and keep them updated about their child’s progress.
Benefits of Teaching for our Music Academy:
- Teachers never have to collect lesson payments.
- Teachers still get paid when a student cancels their lesson.
- No makeup lessons are required when a students cancels their lesson.
- We offer the highest starting rate for private in-home music teachers in the Cherry Hill area.
- Teachers receive a rate increase after 90 days.
- We provide a full-time office staff to handle customer service and student enrollments.
provide a full-time marketing staff to supply our teachers with a
steady supply of new students as they build their student roster.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Teachers are required to teach a minimum of 12 students per week from Monday to Friday.
we call a teacher with new student information, that student is ready
to enroll. At this point in the process, teachers must be prepared to
answer basic questions over the phone and help parents feel comfortable
enrolling their child in our music program.
- Teachers are
responsible for scheduling students at the same time each week. Once a
student is scheduled, we enroll the student by phone, get their payment
information and confirm payment with the teacher.
- Teachers can start lessons once they receive the confirmation call from our main office.
- Teachers must keep accurate records of each lesson taught, along with student cancellations.
- Teachers must update parents regularly on the progress of their child’s music lessons.
- Teachers are required to attend our summer recitals held on the first and second week in June.
- Teachers must stay up to date on what’s happening in our academy via our monthly newsletter and website.
- (Optional): Contribute articles to our monthly printed and online newsletter.
- Teachers must have a dependable vehicle.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Offering quality music lessons in: Piano • Guitar • Voice
1 FREE Lesson Every 13 Weeks!
Follow Us On Social Media
Now Offering In-Home Voice Lessons